USA TODAY and #1 AMAZON overall bestselling author Jeremy Bates has published more than twenty novels and novellas, which have been translated into several languages, optioned for film and TV, and downloaded more than one million times. Midwest Book Review compares his work to “Stephen King, Joe Lansdale, and other masters of the art.” He has won both an Australian Shadows Award and a Canadian Arthur Ellis Award. He was also a finalist in the Goodreads Choice Awards, the only major book awards decided by readers. The novels in the “World’s Scariest Places” series are set in real locations and include Suicide Forest in Japan, The Catacombs in Paris, Helltown in Ohio, Island of the Dolls in Mexico, Mountain of the Dead in Russia, and Hotel Chelsea in New York City. The novels in the “World’s Scariest Legends” series are based on real legends and include Mosquito Man, The Sleep Experiment, and The Man From Taured. You can check out any of these places or legends on the web.
“Jeremy Bates writes like a deviant angel I’m glad doesn’t live on my shoulder” ‒ Christian Galacar, author of GILCHRIST
“The perfect antidote to a restful night’s sleep, The Sleep Experiment is a fast-paced thriller that will keep the pages turning late into the night” ‒ Steven Sayers, author of THE SOUL DWELLER
“Jeremy Bates is a skilled weaver of nightmares” ‒ Ambrose Ibsen, author of THE HAUNTING OF BEACON HILL
“Jeremy Bates knows scary. You’re going to have a good time with whatever he writes” ‒ Jeff Menapace, author of BAD GAMES
“A compelling and provocative read. One cannot help but wonder how important sleep really is” ‒ Booklist
“[Bates] is the real deal. He is a bit of a mix of Stephen King and Richard Laymon. You won’t regret your purchase” ‒ Amazon Top Contributor
“I keep hearing this author being compared to the likes of Stephen King or Dean Koontz. I think [he] should be known for his OWN style of writing” ‒ Amazon Reviewer
“Will remind readers what chattering teeth sound like” ‒ Kirkus Reviews
“Voracious readers of horror will delightfully consume the contents of Bates’s World’s Scariest Places books” ‒ Publishers Weekly
“Creatively creepy and sure to scare” ‒ The Japan Times
“Thriller fans and readers of Stephen King, Joe Lansdale, and other masters of the art will find much to love” ‒ Midwest Book Review
“An ice-cold thriller full of mystery, suspense, fear” ‒ David Moody, author of HATER and AUTUMN
“I have long been a fan of Dean Koontz, Stephen King, and Frank Peretti and I feel confident that I can now add Jeremy Bates to that list” ‒ Jennifer Wilson, Reader Views
“Reads like a combination of Stephen King, Dean Koontz, and Clive Barker” ‒ Diane Donovan, Midwest Book Review
“A page-turner in the true sense of the word” ‒ HorrorAddicts
“Will make your skin crawl” ‒ Scream Magazine
“Shocking” ‒ Booklist
“Told with an authoritative voice full of heart and insight” ‒ Richard Thomas, Bram Stoker nominated author
“Grabs and doesn’t let go until the end” ‒ Writer’s Digest
“A horror writer to watch” ‒ True Review
“Bates offers a truly chilling tale that reminds readers that humans can be the worst type of monster to fear, after all” ‒ Publishers Weekly
“Would make a great screenplay!” ‒ Suspense Magazine
“Bates doesn’t miss a trick” ‒ Glenn Kleier, New York Times bestselling author
“Bates knows how to creep into his reader’s mind and toy around” ‒ Horror Palace
“Something to give you chills before you go to bed” ‒ San Francisco Book Review
“Excellent!” ‒ Andrew Peterson, international bestselling author of FIRST TO KILL
“Spellbinding” ‒ Bestsellersworld
“Will delight horror fans who want their novels steeped in psychological suspense as well as action” ‒ Midwest Book Review
“Invites you to read it in one sitting” ‒ Hellnotes
Winner, “Reader Views Literary Awards” Horror Novel Award, 2018-2019, for “Mountain of the Dead.”Finalist, “Aurealis Award for Excellence in Speculative Fiction” Horror Novella Award, 2017, for “The Mailman.”Finalist, “Australian Horror Writers Association” Shadows Award, 2017, for “The Mailman.”Winner, “Foreword INDIES” Horror Book of the Year Award Gold Medal, 2016, for “Island of the Dolls.”Finalist, “Next Generation Indie Book Awards” Horror Novel Award, 2017, for “Island of the Dolls.”Finalist, “The Skoutz Award” German Horror Award, 2017, for “Suicide Forest.”Finalist, “Aurealis Award for Excellence in Speculative Fiction” Horror Novella Award, 2016, for “Box of Bones.”Finalist, “Australian Horror Writers Association” Shadows Award, 2016, for “Box of Bones.”Winner, “Crime Writers of Canada” Arthur Ellis Award/The Lou Allen Memorial Award, 2016, for “Black Canyon.”Winner, “Australian Horror Writers Association” Shadows Award, 2015, for “The Catacombs.”Winner, “IPPY (Independent Publisher Book Awards)” Bronze Medal/Horror, 2016, for “The Catacombs.”Finalist, “Next Generation Indie Book Awards” Horror Novella Award, 2016, for “Black Canyon.”Winner, “Reader Views Literary Award” Global Award, 2014-2015, for “Suicide Forest.”Honorable Mention, “Reader Views Literary Award” Mystery/Thriller/Suspense/Horror Award, 2014-2015, for “Suicide Forest.”Finalist, “Goodreads” Choice Awards 2015, for “Suicide Forest.”Finalist, “Australian Horror Writers Association” Shadows Award, 2014, for “Suicide Forest.”Finalist, “Foreword INDIES” Horror Book of the Year Award, 2014, for “Suicide Forest.”Finalist, “Foreword INDIES” Thriller & Suspense Book of the Year Award, 2012, for “White Lies.”
The World’s Scariest Places Series:
- Suicide Forest -The bad news is they’re lost. There is no good news.
- The Catacombs -As close to hell as you’re likely ever going to get.
- Helltown -The luckiest die first and fast. The others, well…
- Island of the Dolls -Come and see the dolls, but don’t expect to leave alive.
- Mountain of the Dead -Freezing to death is the least of their worries.
The World’s Scariest Legends Series:
- Mosquito Man– Are you afraid of the dark? You should be.
- The Sleep Experiment – You’ll never think about sleep the same way again.
- The Man from Taured – Where did he come from? Where will he go?
The New America Series: *
- New America: Utopia Calling – A brave new world.
- White Lies – You never know where a lie may lead…
- The Taste of Fear – In the jungle, no one can hear you scream.
- Black Canyon – The new face of evil.
- Run – You can run but you can’t hide.
- Rewind – Nothing is what it seems.
- Neighbors – You never know what kind of psycho may be living next door.
- Six Bullets – When there’s no reason left to live, what would you do with your last six bullets?
- Box of Bones – Time is running out.
- The Mailman – Be careful what you wish for.
- Re-Roll – Life can be a bitch.
- Dark Hearts –Four critically acclaimed short novels.
- Bad People – Four critically acclaimed short novels.
- World’s Scariest Places: Volume One – This omnibus edition includes books one and two in the bestselling World’s Scariest Places series.
- World’s Scariest Places: Volume Two – This omnibus edition includes books two and three in the bestselling World’s Scariest Places series.
- World’s Scariest Legends: Volume One – This omnibus edition includes books one and two in the bestselling World’s Scariest Legends series.
- The Midnight Club Super Box Set – The complete collection of the award-winning Midnight Book Club short novels.
*The New America Series is comprised of short episodes intended for Kindle Unlimited customers who can read the episodes for free.Read more